- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and honey or maple syrup until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Einkorn flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using), distributing them evenly throughout the dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. You can also use a cookie scoop to portion the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set. The cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough until all cookies are baked.
Enjoy your delicious Einkorn Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies made with honey or syrup!