- (2 cups) Concord Grape Juice Gallon
- (1/2 cup) organic sugar
- (1/4 cup) organic cornstarch
- (1/4 tsp) sea salt
- (2 (yolks)) Pasture raised, Corn & Soy-free PULLET Eggs
- (2 tbsp) 100% A2/A2 Grass-fed Unsalted Butter Roll
- (1 tsp) organic vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and fresh grapes for garnish (optional)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the grape juice, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring, for about 2-3 minutes or until the pudding thickens.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Gradually add a small amount of the hot grape juice mixture to the beaten egg yolks, whisking constantly. This helps temper the eggs and prevent them from curdling.
- Pour the tempered egg yolks back into the saucepan with the grape juice mixture, stirring continuously. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the pudding thickens to your desired consistency.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract until they are fully incorporated.
- Transfer the grape juice pudding into serving dishes or ramekins. Let them cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
- Before serving, you can garnish the pudding with a dollop of whipped cream and a few fresh grapes if desired.
- Enjoy your homemade Grape Juice Pudding as a delightful and fruity dessert!
This pudding is a delightful way to enjoy the sweet and vibrant flavor of grape juice in a creamy, custard-like dessert.