North African Olive Sauce
March 21, 2023 • 0 comments
Spice up your meatballs, tacos, fish, and more with this tasty lemon flavored sauce. Love the delicious taste this sauce provides.
- (2 tbsp) 100% A2/A2 Grass-fed Butter Roll
- (2 cups) white onion (diced)
- (4 cloves) garlic (minced)
- (1/4 tsp) red pepper flakes
- (1 tbsp) grated lemon zest
- (3/4 cup) sliced green olives
- (1 ½ cup) Chicken Bone Broth
- (2 cups) diced tomatoes
- (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- (1/8 tsp) ground cinnamon
- (1/4 tsp) ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, heat the butter and sauté the onions until soft.
Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and olives and cook for 1 minute.
Add 1 cup of the chicken broth and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Add the remaining broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, cinnamon, and black pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
Best served over meatballs