Whole Wheat Bread Hints:
February 2, 2023 • 0 comments
Are you having a failure each time you use whole wheat flour to make bread? Try these simple tips and tricks to try and keep your bread fresh and to get the best results.
- Do not add too much flour when kneading the dough. Use just enough to keep from sticking. Whole wheat dough will be somewhat sticky - dough should be bouncy but soft. Too much flour makes it tough and hard and the resulting bread will be dry and crumbly.
- Do not let bread dough rise more than double at any point. That would cause the texture to be more full of holes and more course and crumbly.
- Right after forming, prick loaves with a fork to keep air bubbles from forming.
- Whole wheat bread spoils quickly. To freshen a loaf going stale, wrap in tinfoil or a dampened paper bag and place in a warm oven until heated thoroughly. Remove from wrapping and cover with a cloth to cool. Replace in paper bag.
- The quality of your bread will depend a lot on the quality of flour you use.